Improbable Icon

11.1 doc grammatical error

docs-issue

Hello,

I’m by far not an English major but I feel on this page: https://docs.improbable.io/reference/11.1/getting-started/concepts/glossary

Way down at the bottom, in the section “read-and-write-access” it says:

“Many workers can connect to a SpatialOS world. To prevent them clashing, only one worker instance at a time is allowed to write to each component on each entity: ie, given write access.”

I believe it should say:

“Many workers can connect to a SpatialOS world. To prevent them from clashing, only one worker instance at a time is allowed to write to each component on each entity: ie, given write access.”

Also on

The link at the bottom “starter projects ->” is a little misleading perhaps? It just jumps up to the starter projects section slightly above it. The right arrow, at least imo, hints that we’ll be moving to another page, not jumping to a section just read.

Hi - thanks for flagging that up. Grammatically both “prevent” and “prevent… from” are fine, but it’s good practise to include the preposition (in particular because it helps non-native English speakers) - so thanks for the reminder! I’ll add that in.

The link at the bottom “starter projects ->”

Do you mean the link in the table of contents on the left-hand side? That was a deliberate experiment - we wanted to make the starter projects more visible in the navigation, but we didn’t want to duplicate that page, so tried this as a middle ground :slight_smile: It is a little different - hopefully it’s not too confusing.

Hello :slight_smile:

As for the link, I mean the one at the very bottom of the page on the right, under “was this helpful” . It just links to the section slightly above on the same page.

Just some feedback :slight_smile: If it’s meant that way, my apologies and disregard this.

Ah! That’s an interesting one, and related to the same issue: those back-and-forwards links are just generated from that same left-hand navigation. I can see how that’s a bit weird - I’ll see if I can find a way to sort that out.

@beth

Fantastic, also another minor one (sorry I’ve been re-reading all the docs to freshen up :slight_smile: …)

At: https://docs.improbable.io/reference/11.1/workers/configuration/loadbalancer-config#dynamic-worker-scaling-configuration

“The “constant” scaler uses a fixed number of workers, no matter how much worker there is to be done.”

“no matter how much worker there is to be done.” shouldn’t this be “work” ?

Cheers!
-Diz

:flushed: fixed now! Let me know if you have any other feedback - would be super interested to hear what you think after having been re-reading stuff :slight_smile:

@Beth,

I’ve reading up to the Unity SDK section and I must say the new documentation is vastly improved over the previous iteration I read, I forget how long ago. Very well done! Over all It is much easier to follow and a lot of the concepts are given much needed detail that was lacking before.

I’ve also PM’d you what I found so I don’t clutter up the forums more. 

Praying the Unreal documentation gets much loving attention to bring it up on par with the Unity documentation. Mainly with focus on examples when SDK 12 rolls around!

very excited for SDK 12

Great! Really glad you can see an improvement - we’ve been putting a lot of time into it :blush:

As for Unreal - we know there are a lot of problems with those docs, and we’re planning to pay them some proper attention in the next few months. Totally agree that examples would help - we’re looking into it!

And thanks for all your comments - I’ll reply separately in a PM :slight_smile: