My game is a city-building strategy game, where players are building business empires as they struggle to control a city.
I’m looking for fun ideas of mean things players can do to each other.
We have some standard organized crime stuff in the works like:
- Send an AI to kill the manager of another player’s business
- Send an AI to set a business on fire
- Send an AI to bomb a business
Here are suggestions from players for uh… gentler options:
- Pay to make a labor union, which causes a strike and halts all production at worker-intensive buildings like a factory
- Force a rat infestation, which stops all revenue to a restaurant building
- Dump a ton of trash on a lot, lowering the value of everything nearby
- “Spread a rumor that a restaurant sells horsemeat”
- Cut off the sewer or electricity to an area or building
- Graffiti all over your rival’s property
- Get the tax authorities to investigate them
- Turn all their properties temporarily an ugly hot pink or some other humiliating color/branding
What other ‘bastard options’ (as we’re calling them) would you like to see?