Improbable Icon

Error when running Wizards Demo

spatialos

I get the following error when trying to run the Wizards demo:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> spatial cloud launch wizards_demo_assembly default_launch.json wizards_demo --snapshot=snapshots
/default.snapshot --project_name=alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623
Creating Deployment(wizards_demo) for Project(alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623) in Cluster(us3-prod) running Assembly(wizards
_demo_assembly) with the DeploymentSpec(default_launch.json)

Failed executing command:
[c:\tools\spatial\spatial.exe cloud launch wizards_demo_assembly default_launch.json wizards_demo --snapshot=snapsho
ts/default.snapshot --project_name=alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623]
Time: 2017-06-07 08:49:11 EDT
Version: 20170602.124622.9bd414a
code = NotFound desc = Could not find snapshot file snapshots/default.snapshot. No such file or directory.
Could not find snapshot file snapshots/default.snapshot. No such file or directory.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Did you run the cmd prompt from the right folder? Shift + right click --> Open Command Window Here

Make sure you’re doing it from the HelloWorld-master folder where you see things like the scheme, snapshots, and workers folder.

I just tried to run the demo again from the folder where I extracted the zip file. I received the same error.

PS D:\Data\Downloads\HelloWorld-master> spatial cloud launch wizards_demo_assembly default_launch.json wizards_demo --sn
apshot=snapshots/default.snapshot --project_name=alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623
Creating Deployment(wizards_demo) for Project(alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623) in Cluster(us3-prod) running Assembly(wizards
_demo_assembly) with the DeploymentSpec(default_launch.json)

Visiting url: https://auth.improbable.io/auth/v1/authorize?client_id=improbable_cli_client_go&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2F
localhost%3A12000%2Fauthcode&response_type=code&scope=%5B%2A%5D%3A%2A

SpatialOS will launch from snapshot file ‘snapshots/default.snapshot’.

Failed executing command:
[c:\tools\spatial\spatial.exe cloud launch wizards_demo_assembly default_launch.json wizards_demo --snapshot=snapsho
ts/default.snapshot --project_name=alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623]
Time: 2017-06-07 10:00:16 EDT
Version: 20170602.124622.9bd414a
rpc error: code = NotFound desc = Assembly(wizards_demo_assembly) of Project(alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623) doesn’t exist.
Assembly(wizards_demo_assembly) of Project(alpha_zulu_pennsylvania_623) doesn’t exist.
PS D:\Data\Downloads\HelloWorld-master>

You may have to run a spatial cloud upload wizards_demo_assembly first.

Once I edited the spatialos.json file to include my project name and ran
the command you suggested, and seemed to successfully deploy the game.
However when I tried to use the instructions to launch the game, I received
the following error.

You have the launcher for SpatialOS already installed?
Go to Part 3 of this setup guide and install the launcher if you’ve not already.

I have the launcher installed. The error message I received was from the launcher.

I stopped the deployment in the cloud and redeployed the project. For some reason the first time I deployed the project, it was not named “my_first_deployment”. However the project was named properly in the second deployment and is now working.

Thank you for your help.