Improbable Icon

Game client connection fails on Mac

Hello,
Following the tutorial, I deployed Wizards-master game to SpatialOS and created a local version of pirate tutorial. However, both connection fails using Improbable.Luncher and UnityClinet. I am wondering what steps I can take to debug why the game client connection is failing. I can connect from windows fine.

Here are some logs from Pirate tutorial attempting to connect locally:

UnityClient log after pressing connect
Login via receptionist failed: gRPC error INTERNAL:
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Improbable.Unity.Core.DispatchEventHandler:OnLogMessage(LogMessageOp) (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/DispatchEventHandler.cs:82)
Improbable.Worker.Internal.Callbacks`1:InvokeAll(LogMessageOp)
Improbable.Worker.Dispatcher:LogMessageThunk(Void*, LogMessageOp*)
Improbable.Worker.Internal.WorkerProtocol:Dispatcher_Process(DispatcherHandle, OpListHandle)
Improbable.Worker.Dispatcher:Process(OpList)
Improbable.Unity.Core.ConnectionLifecycle:ProcessEvents() (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/ConnectionLifecycle.cs:357)
Improbable.Unity.Core.ConnectionLifecycle:Update() (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/ConnectionLifecycle.cs:140)

Attempt to send message, but no longer connected to bridge.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Improbable.Unity.Core.DispatchEventHandler:OnLogMessage(LogMessageOp) (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/DispatchEventHandler.cs:82)
Improbable.Worker.Internal.Callbacks`1:InvokeAll(LogMessageOp)
Improbable.Worker.Dispatcher:LogMessageThunk(Void*, LogMessageOp*)
Improbable.Worker.Internal.WorkerProtocol:Dispatcher_Process(DispatcherHandle, OpListHandle)
Improbable.Worker.Dispatcher:Process(OpList)
Improbable.Unity.Core.ConnectionLifecycle:ProcessEvents() (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/ConnectionLifecycle.cs:357)
Improbable.Unity.Core.ConnectionLifecycle:Update() (at Assets/Improbable/Sdk/Src/Unity/Core/ConnectionLifecycle.cs:140)

Terminal Log from local server:

+635 [improbable.bridge.Running] Worker UnityWorker49 disconnected from worker connection due to an internal error
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: A remote peer was not connected in 5000ms on Port(7000)
at improbable.bridge.network.raknet.RakNetServer.asyncAcceptClientConnection(RakNetServer.java:217)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
+636 [improbable.bridge.oracle.manager.BridgeOracleWorkerManager] Trying to start managed worker UnityWorker50
+636 [improbable.bridge.oracle.scaling.Work

When connecting from improbable launcher to Wizards Demo, it says

SpatialOS not ready - please either start SpatialOS or try again in a few seconds

Thank you.

These changes were necessary to fix the issue for anyone having similar issues.

Hi

I followed your patch and still get
SpatialOS not ready - please either start SpatialOS or try again in a few seconds

Where can I find the logs from the server and client so that I can try to fix it ?

Thanks

Hi @Aludirk!

Your SpatialOS project folder should contain a logs folder. It may have a lot of logs right now, so I suggest deleting it and running the game again.

Please share the logs here, in case it’s still not working! :slight_smile:

Hi there . I have the same behaviour on mac. End up with "SpatialOS not read. Please either start SpatialOS or try again in a few seconds !"
ANy thing that can be done to fix this ?

Regards,
Amit

Hi can someone reply to this !!!