Hi all devs,
This will affect all SpatialOS developers - please read.
We’re updating our platform configuration to provide enhanced protection from DDoS attacks. We’re going to be moving from port 444 to 443 for the Platform, Locator and Player Authentication APIs. The network traffic to simulated instances will be unaffected, though.
As such, there’s some important information and next steps that we urge all our SpatialOS developers to take. In order to continue developing with SpatialOS effectively, please note the following and take action where necessary:
- For Unity developers:
- For Unreal Engine developers:
- Update to the upcoming version of the SpatialOS GDK for Unreal, which should be releasing towards the end of this week (I’ll update this with the information when the release is live).
- The Platform SDK already uses port 443.
- The old port (444) will be deprecated on Thursday, 5th December.
- This will affect all SpatialOS developers.
Please ensure that you all patch (if you’re using Unity) and update as soon as you can and in the meantime, if you encounter anything, do post it here to let us know and we’ll help as best as we can.