Improbable Icon

Introducing our new Community Manager, Nee

Hi everyone, I’m Nee and I recently joined @dvanamst on the Community team.

I’m thrilled and proud to be a part of the Improbable team and looking forward to bringing you all the latest news, supporting your SpatialOS questions and helping grow this community to its full awesome potential.

I’ve been incredibly fortunate to have worked in the games industry for a while now and my background has been primarily on community, marketing and PR. While I’ve worked in and amongst dev and tech teams before, this will be the first time I’ll have the honour of helping a community entirely centered around developers.

Therefore, over the course of the next few months, I’ll be working super hard to level up on the tech side of things, with help from my very wise Improbable team, especially @dvanamst. He’s the Obi-Wan to my Anakin right now and doing a stellar job, I might add (thanks Duco!).

I also hope to be working with and learning from everyone here too and count myself lucky to be joining an already knowledgeable and supportive community. Huge thanks in advance for your patience as I as I find my (tech) feet!

A little bit more info about me:

• At the tender age of 14, I discovered the world of gaming and haven’t looked back since. While I love most (nearly all) genres of games, my achilles heel is for RPGS, MMORPGS, Action-Adventures, Simulation and quirky indie titles.

• I’ve looked after communities for the Harry Potter world, Sony Playstation, EA Games, Creative Assembly (on Alien: Isolation) and Rockstar Games.

• I sort of once belonged to a “games studio team” in my early teens with some schoolmates. Our game was heavily inspired by Soul Blade (yes, the very first game). I was the character artist/lore creator and I still have the A4 folder somewhere of all the game’s character (badly-sketched) designs. Unfortunately, we didn’t have anything as brilliant as SpatialOS back in the day so the game never made it beyond paper concept! Still mega chuffed about that project though.

Any questions, let me know and once again, very excited to be part of the team and part of the community!

Best,
Nee :slight_smile:

Hi @Nee,
We hope to see a lot of you! :grin:

Welcome @Nee!

Have fun here and I look forward hearing from you what awesome things are coming :slight_smile: