Improbable Icon

Pirates tutorial build error on mac

mac
pirates

trying to get the pirate tutorial up and running.
I’m getting stuck on the “spatial worker build” step.
I get this error when i run that command in my terminal:
ApplicationException: Failed to build player WorkerType=UnityClient;BuildTarget=StandaloneWindows;EmbedAssets=False;BuildOptions=None due to Building a player for ‘Win’ (5) target is not supported in this Unity build.
at Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.UnityPlayerBuilder.BuildPlayer () [0x00082] in C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\UnityPlayerBuilder.cs:179
at Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.UnityPlayerBuilders.BuildPlayers (IList1 playerBuilders, IList1 selectedWorkerTypes, PlayerCompression compression) [0x00093] in C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\UnityPlayerBuilders.cs:78
at Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.UnityPlayerBuilders.BuildDeploymentPlayers (IList`1 selectedWorkerTypes) [0x00000] in C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\UnityPlayerBuilders.cs:47
at Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.SimpleBuildSystem+c__AnonStorey3.<>m__D () [0x00000] in C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\SimpleBuildSystem.cs:161
at Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.SimpleBuildSystem.RunIf (System.String targetName, System.Action action) [0x00038] in C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\SimpleBuildSystem.cs:219
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.SimpleBuildSystem:RunIf(String, Action) (at C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\SimpleBuildSystem.cs:223)
Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.SimpleBuildSystem:DefaultBuild() (at C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\SimpleBuildSystem.cs:161)
Improbable.Unity.EditorTools.Build.SimpleBuildSystem:Build() (at C:\w\ee9378522cbb9fd1\UnitySdk\Improbable.Unity\Assets\Precompiled\Editor\Build\SimpleBuildSystem.cs:109)

how can i change the build to mac?
thanks for your help. trying to wrap my head around everything :slight_smile:

Hey, it looks like when you installed Unity, you might have not installed the Windows and Linux build components in addition to Mac build components.

The reason why you need all three is that spatial worker build compiles for different platforms for distribution and for uploading to the cloud.

thanks chong-u,
that got me farther.
the builds were successful, but
i run into a new error:
Error: exec: “sbt”: executable file not found in $PATH

any clues?

@chong-u
i downloaded SBT at http://www.scala-sbt.org/download.html
not sure how to set it to the right path on mac osx.
any help?
I tried for example, export PATH=$PATH:/Users/portalranchmac/Downloads/sbt/bin
but spatial diagnoses still throws error Error: exec: “sbt”: executable file not found in $PATH

If you type sbt into the terminal, does it work?