Improbable Icon

Problem applying patch for unreal 4.15

build
unreal

So I’m using gitbash. I have opened it in the unreal engine folder that I cloned from the github.
I put the patchfile in the folder. And I tried this command:
git apply --ignore-space-change --ignore-whitespace 0001-Make-linux-work-with-WorkerSdk.patch

How should I do this? Thanks.

Hey @jamesrcrypto,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with this. Could you confirm if there was any output visible in Git Bash after running this command?

Thanks,
Patrick

I basically got a lot of no such file or directory problems.
Then… I got a no permission denied problem. In this case i was copying and pasting the file location from file properties.
So I put the file on the c: drive itself and it stopped rejecting it. I didn’t exactly get a confirmation that it is patched. But fingers crossed. I am currently mid-building unreal 4 now so its all wait and see.

Currently i have an issue with chocolately only being able to run the choco cmd in its folder, so I ran the wizards project from there, which did work. Can I set up an environmental variable to use it in other folders or do I need to reinstall it and ‘get it right’ ?

Hi @jamesrcrypto,

Hope that your changes have solved your issues building the Unreal SDK! With regards to you Chocolatey issue, when I installed it I was able to run it from anywhere without having to add an environment variable. If you are still having issues it might be worth reinstalling Chocolatey.

One more thing:) You might already have solved your patch issues, but I just wanted to clarify that we only support a specific commit of the 4.15 branch in the unreal engine repo that can be fetched using the following command:

via HTTPS: git clone https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine.git -b 4.15.1-release
via SSH: git clone git@github.com:EpicGames/UnrealEngine -b 4.15.1-release

If you have a different version of the UE4 repo then you won’t be able to apply the patch.
Could you confirm if you are on that version?

Best regards,
Daniel

Yeah, I git installed the Unreal Engine to be sure.
I’m trying out the rpg demo first now as there’re a couple of less issues with it.

Currently I have an issue with the > spatial worker codegen part.

This is my debug. I’m probably going to have to reinstall chocolately and spatial, though its tricky to comprehend the required paths. Though I am wondering what this error is about.

==========> Opened at 2017-06-12 12:14:18.9339264 +0100 BST
debug Executing [spatial.exe codegen]
debug Current directory = C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master
debug Found project root at C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master
debug Found project root at C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master
debug In ‘’, spatial [auth login]
debug Wrote credentials to C:\Users\xxxxx.ivy2\improbable.credentials
debug Wrote credentials to C:\Users\xxxxx.m2\settings.xml
debug Skipping extraction of [C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local.improbable\toolbelt\cache\worker_package\e21dc0e92c5e7bcc2445a5e8c110dabf8f07535c\schema\10.4.0\WorkerSdkSchema.zip] to C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\build\dependencies\schema\WorkerSdkSchema. Nothing has changed.
debug Found version ‘10.4.0’ in file C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\spatialos.json
debug Extracting built-in asset ‘gsim’ to 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\workers\gsim’
debug Unpacking gsim.zip
debug Found version ‘10.4.0’ in file C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\spatialos.json
debug Extracting built-in asset ‘gsim’ to 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\workers\gsim’
debug Unpacking gsim.zip
info Running task ‘codegen’ for 'UnrealClient’
info [1/2] > Codegen Dependencies category=heading
debug Found Unreal Engine directory: UNREAL_HOME=C:\Spatial_Epic_4.15\UnrealEngine
debug Running within a SpatialOS project, using the default input paths '[C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\schema C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\build\dependencies\schema\WorkerSdkSchema]'
debug Running within a SpatialOS project, using the default input paths '[C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\schema C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\RPGDemo-master\RPGDemo-master\build\dependencies\schema\WorkerSdkSchema]'
debug Executing internal command: [worker_package unpack-to unreal improbable_sdk_plugin Game/Source/RpgDemo/SpatialOS]
debug In ‘’, spatial [package retrieve unreal improbable_sdk_plugin 10.4.0 C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local.improbable\toolbelt\cache\worker_package\f7fc8b305d8cbd60c63f0e943bdb1484fb5dcee2\unreal\10.4.0\improbable_sdk_plugin.zip]
debug
info [1/2] x Codegen Dependencies duration=0.0s category=failure
info >>> Codegen category=neutral duration=0.0s
error ************************************
Error: exec: “spatial”: executable file not found in %PATH%

info ‘spatial.exe codegen’ failed duration=1.0s category=failure

Hi @jamesrcrypto

Let me know what happens if you try the reinstall. Looking at your output it appears as if you do not have the path to the spatial executable in your PATH environment variable. Have you ensured that it is present there? The chocolatey install should set that up for you but maybe something has gone wring during your installation process.

Best regards,
Daniel

I’ve created on folder on the C drive C:/SpatialOS for the spatial.exe
What would the environmental variable look like?
I get these errors installing the dependencies. Do they matter?

I was able to do: choco install spatial --version 1.1.6 --yes in cmd prompt.
But then spatial setup install-dependencies --sdk-version=10.3.0
Requires gitbash to function.
At this point its throwing the above errors for the dependencies.

Hi @jamesrcrypto

What terminal are you using? It seems like the installations of the dependencies have failed. I think you need to follow this guide to get the dependencies setup properly.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Hi, I had started to address some of the problems in that list and eventually I got it going and I have just got the assembly up on the cloud and running. So a success. Thanks for the help.