Improbable Icon

Forums

Project Build Failed Error MSB3075

Please Help! we have been trying to get our programmer #2’s SpatialOs(Ue4) up and running for the past 5 days! (both me and Programmer #1 got it on our computer working with little to no issues) The current issue we are having with programmer #2 is during the Project file generation process.
“Error MSB3075 The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat CrashReportClient Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. CrashReportClient C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to open log file for writing (G:\UE4SOS\UnrealEngine\Engine\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt) CrashReportClient G:\UE4SOS\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool 1”
MS Build Tools has been installed and a Environmental variable Path has been set to the location, We even checked RegEdit to see if the HKLS had MS Build in there and we did see the 14.0 Ms build file in there. Any information is awesome cause the are little to no search results for this specific issue.

Looks like the G:\ location the Unreal tools want to use to write a log file is not writeable by p#2. Is it a network mapped drive? Have you checked the permissions?

No its not a network based drive, and we gave full permissions to all users on the computer, and the folders being written to were taken off read only and all sub folders inside given the save modifications to be written to.

Hi @BrokenAstronaut, apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Thanks for posting on our Forums, I’ve flagged this with our tech team to take a look in to for you. One of our team should get back to you soon.

In future, be sure to post to the Support section of the Forums so that we can see it’s a support issue and get on it for you :slight_smile:

best,
Nee

Hey @BrokenAstronaut

This looks like an Unreal build issue unrelated to the GDK or SpatialOS. I would suggest the following steps:

• Try rebuilding CrashReportClient separately (navigate to it in Visual Studio Solution Explorer tab, right click -> Rebuild)
    • If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the correct UnrealEngine version (4.20-SpatialOSUnrealGDK-release branch, assuming they’re using GDK release version) and rebuild the project
    • If that doesn’t work, try starting over from clean state (i.e. re-download the engine and the GDK).