Improbable Icon

Recommendation for large worlds

We are currently looking into using spatial and one of our big priorities is an almost infinite universe where players can exist in any available Sol in the galaxy. Would I have to run multiple deployments for every Sol or is there some method of handling every Sol in a single deployment?
The problem with World Composition and origin migrating is that it is said to now work with multiplayer (is this still true with spatial?) and every Sol is procedurally generated as players enter (and possibly stored when players modify the Sol to persist that information.)

is this possible with Spatial? if so, what would be the recommended approach?
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi @Skyrat,

For the scenario you described, the best way to work with SpatialOS would be to have different deployments for each planet

Would I be able to run 10s to 100s of deployments running at one time for a single project?
Another question, does every layer (like If I had a layer for AI) require its own deployment?

Would I be able to run 10s to 100s of deployments running at one time for a single project?

You would.

Another question, does every layer (like If I had a layer for AI) require its own deployment?

Despite being separate workers, layers run on the same deployment.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!