Improbable Icon

SpatialOS Forums

SpatialOS GDK for Unreal tutorial series - with Tom Looman

Hey all,

I’m very pleased to share with you a new series of tutorials for our SpatialOS GDK for Unreal by Tom Looman.

Tom is a game developer and programmer who has developed on Unreal Engine since day one and was an engineer at Epic Games. He’s created over 70+ tutorials and this new series is his latest, focusing on SpatialOS.

Over the series of videos, Tom will be exporting his open-source Survival Game project over to the SpatialOS GDK for Unreal while digging into SpatialOS, including a look at the new features in the SpatialOS Unreal 2019.1 release. Tom will also be expanding the Survival Game to support large-scale multiplayer and you can learn all via his upcoming videos in this series.

In this first video, Tom walks through the installation required for SpatialOS for Unreal and runs a first ‘local deployment’ using the sample project.

Stay tuned for more to come over the next coming weeks - I’ll be updating this thread with the new videos as they come out.

Enjoy!

Best,
Nee

Spatial_video1_thumbnai_720

Awesome, I can’t wait to see more.
Thank you for making this video series,

Sean

1 Like

Hey all,

Tom has just uploaded the latest video in his tutorial series for the SpatialOS GDK for Unreal.

This time around, he’s porting his survival game to run on SpatialOS’ servers and running his first cloud deployment with two players.

Stay tuned for more to come over the coming weeks.

Video one: https://youtu.be/jaSwJm2Lnmo

Enjoy!

Gril

1 Like