Forums

SpatialOS GDK for Unreal Webinar - register to join now

unreal
livestream
gdk
unreal-gdk
webinars

Hey all devs, :slightly_smiling_face:

Following up from our webinar last week, join us for a second session on Tuesday, 30th April as we take a look at the SpatialOS GDK for Unreal.

If you didn’t check out our last webinar, and if you’re new to SpatialOS and want to get started with our GDK, join our Webinar to kickstart your dev journey.

We’ll be guiding you through everything you need to know, before you start diving into what SpatialOS can do to help with your game and showing how you can take familiar Unreal Engine workflows further with global hosting, multi-server networking and easy play-testing.

You’ll also get the chance to ask your SpatialOS questions to our tech team.

The next webinar on the SpatialOS GDK for Unreal will be on Tuesday, 30th April at 18:00 PM BST / 10:00 AM PST - register now to join us!

If you’ve got questions you’d like to ask the team on the day, drop them here in the replies and we’ll make sure to answer them.

Let us know if you enjoy the Webinars and if you’d like to see more, or if there are additional things that could make them better - share them here with us!

best,
Nee

I won’t be able to join as I’ve got another appointment as well. My question is related to my forum post a couple of days ago:

One of the USP’s of SpatialOS is its capability of handling huge landscapes. What are all of the best practices on handling that within UE4? My guess is world composition with several smaller landscapes. If so, what’s the recommended size of the landscapes?

Hey @Mickelukas,

a shame you can’t make the webinar, hopefully next time! :slightly_smiling_face:

As your main question is unrelated to the webinar, one of our engineers has responded to your original question.

best,
Nee

An update:

For those asking (and who may have missed the Webinar on Tuesday, 30th April), you can now watch the recording of it here and on our YouTube channel. We welcome all feedback and thoughts for future webinars so please do share them with us :slightly_smiling_face: