Today, we’re very pleased to announce two very important updates:
- We’ve made full pricing details for SpatialOS publicly available, with important updates to our pricing page and documentation, which now contain detailed explanation, pricing examples and FAQS.
- We have expanded what we offer with our free tier.
Some of you have been waiting a long time for this update and we want to say thank you to all those who have been very patient with us, as we’ve worked to clarify everything. Your understanding and support has been incredibly appreciated by the team - huge thanks again. We hope this will provide people with key information and details with which to help them.
For full details and information on this, please do check out our documentation and our updated pricing page. We recommend anyone developing on SpatialOS or who has previously had questions related to the pricing structure of SpatialOS to check all of this out and read through everything in detail.
However, to help, here’s a topline summary of the key points to consider:
- Our free tier:
- It’s still completely free to learn how to use SpatialOS, to start development and prototype a game or a project.
- We will do our best to respond to all queries for technical support and help on our Forums within three working days.
- Previously, the free tier only allowed you the use of the ‘small’ game template. The largest template now available with the free tier more than doubles the capacity of the SpatialOS Runtime per game instance. If you’re currently using the ‘small’ template in your deployment configuration, you have the option to upgrade to one of the new templates and use the new Runtime capacity to add more content, players, fidelity and more.
- Pricing information:
- Outside of the free tier, we charge for hosting when you launch cloud-based game instances. For each deployment, you choose a game template based on the size of your deployment. This template gives you all the cloud resources you need to run a single deployment.
- We charge based on the template you choose, how long your deployment runs for (to the nearest minute), and where it is hosted. There are no additional cloud costs.
- In order to estimate your total SpatialOS cost, you just need to know the template size you need for each of your game instances and the number of game instances you need based on your expected concurrent player count.
- Please check out pricing examples here to start choosing a template size.
If you want to access and use the paid tier, then you’ll still need to get in touch with us. You can message me privately if you do. We’ll be automating this soon, though, to get you started with the paid tier much more easily and quickly.
We’re already working on a number of additional things, including more templates in the future and additional pricing options. Again, do check out our Pricing page and documentation for all the full details.
As always, if you have any feedback, questions or thoughts, let us know and share them with us here on the Forums.