Improbable Icon

Unity Blank Project Issue

Hey guys,

I’m trying to master SpatialOS. I did every item in Get Started page. I was able to run FPS game. Now I want to create SpatialOS project from the scratch . I started following Set Up your project. I cloned https://github.com/spatialos/BlankProject. I copied Improbable.Gdk.Generated.asmdef. to workers/unity/Assets/Generated/ folder.
First time when I opened my project. It downloaded all dependencies, then started compliting scripts, but failed with error:

"C:\Users\snake\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.18\Unity.Entities\Types\TypeManager.cs(97,36): error CS0433: The type 'SpinLock' exists in both 'System.Threading, Version=1.0.2856.102, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

I wonder how it should be fixed? Thanks in advance

Hey @snake11235,

BlankProject is intended for use with the SpatialOS SDK for Unity. The SpatialOS GDK for Unity is designed to replace the old SpatialOS SDK for Unity, and we recommend using it instead of the SDK for all new game projects.

I’m sorry that this isn’t clear. To fix this we’re going to clearly labeling repos that use the old SDK as legacy.

Also, my colleague @paulbalaji is currently creating a blank project intended for use with the GDK, and will let you know in this thread as soon as that’s been uploaded (hopefully this will happen today).

Hi @snake11235,

Thanks for bringing this up!

We’ve just created a gdk-for-unity-blank-project, which you can now use to create your game from scratch with the SpatialOS GDK for Unity.

Best of luck with your project!

Paul

Gdk blank project for unity has solved my problem. Thank you. :slight_smile: