Improbable Icon

We are improving the way we choose where to start your deployments

spatial-cli

We are improving the way we choose where to start your deployments!

Changes to launch flags coming on Tuesday 13 June.

When you make a deployment we can now automatically select the best cluster to host your deployment based on our available infrastructure. This means that you won’t need to specify a cluster as part of your deployment command, even if your usual cluster is unavailable. You can simply use a command like this one to deploy

spatial cloud launch <assembly name> <launch configuration> <deployment name>

For our open platform customers this is the best way to deploy as it means that you do not need to worry about any platform maintenance we are performing or which clusters are available for your deployment.

How do you decide which cluster to start my deployment on?
By default we will choose an available cluster in the US region (as this is where we host our beta users today) that your project has permissions to deploy to and we will select the cluster with the lightest load at the time your deployment is started.

What if I want to deploy to a specific region?
That’s fine - you can tell Spatial which location you would like to use and we will pick a cluster with available capacity in that region (EU or US) that you have permissions to deploy to, simply use a command like this
spatial cloud launch <assembly name> <launch configuration> <deployment name> --cluster_region=eu

I know exactly which cluster I want to deploy to… can I still do this?
Yes, this is still possible for our partners but is not recommended for general users as your project probably does not have permissions to deploy to specific clusters.

If you do need to do this then you can still make deployments to a specific cluster as long as your project has permissions to deploy there, just specify the cluster using the --cluster flag.
For example if you want to deploy to us3-prod then you would use the following command:
spatial cloud launch <assembly name> <launch configuration> <deployment name> --cluster=us3-prod

Changes to launch flags coming on Tuesday 13 June